6 reasons to stop dawdling and invest
Been wanting to invest in the stock market but just haven’t gotten around to it? Just do it already!
The only way most people have any hope of creating real wealth is by investing in stocks. The benchmark S&P 500 stock index rallied more than 8 percent during the first half of 2017 and has moved higher since.
If you suffer anxiety about getting into the market, consider these six reasons you should get over it. The right stock investments:
- Keep pace with inflation.
- Reach your financial goals with the right mix of investments.
- Reduce investing risk with a solid asset allocation strategy.
- Reduce risk with a well-planned strategy for buying and selling stocks.
- Use dollar-cost averaging to stay in the market when stock valuations are high.
- Aren’t impacted by high-frequency trading.
Market risk is just one risk of many